Sophisticated Refinement on Exclusive Avenue
Best Offers By Tuesday 9th of June 2020 at 12:00pm.
Set beneath the century old oaks and elms of one of Adelaide’s most iconic and exclusive avenues, this sophisticated executive residence of outstanding design offers two spacious levels of relaxed refinement with an emphasis on comfort, privacy, and low maintenance convenience. The cleverly considered floorplan takes full advantage of its rear north-facing orientation, with the home enveloped by warmth, light, and enchanting outdoor spaces.
A charming parterre garden complements the classically inspired limestone façade. Through the portico entrance, a spectacular gallery style hallway is flooded by light from an arcade of full-length windows showcasing a large, centrally- positioned walled courtyard. Both the elegant formal lounge at the front of the property and informal open plan living to the rear connect through French doors to this delightful alfresco dining area, with its backdrop of fragrant star jasmine.
The stylish custom kitchen designed for everyday living and larger scale entertaining is fully equipped with integrated appliances, a concealed walk-in pantry, marble countertops, and a 4-metre island bench that intersects dining and casual living. French doors open to a captivating rear courtyard garden framed by hedges and topiaries. Bi-fold doors open from the remote entry two-car garage with rear lane entry to provide additional undercover entertaining space if required.
A lift provides easy access to the large cellar/storage room below and first floor above. The upper level, set back from the street, comprises an elegant private master suite with dressing room and ensuite, two generous bedrooms with built-in robes, and family bathroom with bath.
Of particular note is a vast detached studio with vaulted ceiling that sits above the garage and is connected to the house by a covered walkway and stairs. Bathed in northerly light from French doors that open to form a balcony, it is currently disposed as the ultimate home office/library, but could be adapted to suit various purposes such as an ensuite bedroom.
This is a rare opportunity to purchase an exceptional property within walking distance from the city. It will appeal to a large range of buyers seeking an outstanding home in a picturesque and coveted eastern suburbs location.
• Lift to basement cellar and upper level
• 2-car garage with remote roller door and wide rear lane access
• Monitored security
• Intercom to pedestrian gate
• Plantation shutters, blinds, curtains
• Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning
• Gas fire
• Under-floor heating to ensuite bathroom
• Powder room
• Pura tap
• Marble and Caesarstone countertops
• Integrated fridge, Miele dish-washer, Smeg ovens and 5 burner gas cook-top,
• Fully automated irrigation
• Garden lights
• Short walk to Victoria Park
• Easy walk or drive to the city centre
• Zoned for Rose Park Primary and Marryatville High School
• Minutes from popular shopping destinations including Burnside Village, Norwood Parade and Dulwich shops
• Minutes from many of Adelaide’s leading private schools
Built In Robes
Reverse Cycle Aircon