Grace and Style
Presented with exception this beautiful home has been rebuilt from the 1910s original with grace and style. This lovely residence is beautifully set in an immaculate leafy garden, secluded behind a private fence. Elegant from the street yet obviously understated once past the front door, this home boasts tasteful architectural features while offering a flexible floorplan and modern convenience.
The entry is welcoming, a perfect introduction to the flowing spacious feel of the whole home. The entrance hall is an impressive reception area and forms part of the entertaining space. The eye is drawn to the pretty small courtyard filled with greenery and a water feature through the picture window to the end of the hall.
The formal living is bathed with light through the wide box window while offering a tranquil garden aspect. These rooms flow through to the open plan informal living boasting a northerly facing aspect completing a superb total package. This home is distinguished by attention to quality and detail. Large rooms, light-filled spaces, quality finishes and a fabulous French Provincial kitchen contribute to wonderful living and entertaining spaces. The master suite boasts a lovely light filled bedroom with wide box window to the front garden and French doors opening to a courtyard. Also offering a bathroom-size ensuite and walk through robe there is a sense of a private sanctuary. Bedrooms are generous and have been configured in the past for ‘his and hers’ study or workroom. In particular bedroom four, adjacent the family room, is the owner’s favourite space with beautiful northerly aspect. This room would also present as a lovely nursery or playroom. Offering extensive storage throughout including a walk-in pantry and large laundry, work areas function so well. Double doors to the outdoors allow for continuous flow to the courtyards and the privacy of the garden spaces. A beautiful white Cedar Tree is the centrepiece of the landscaped garden from the outdoor entertaining area. Clever configuration of this corner block allows for highly desirable side-by-side garaging with direct internal access and a roller door to the rear garden, perfect for every day use, storage, and entertaining. Extensive paving and landscaping, automatic watering and security complete a home set up perfectly to lock up and leave if desired.
Boasting timeless design, this classic beauty is located so prestigiously. Conveniently close to Belair Road and with easy access to the city, don’t miss out on a thing. Walk to the library the park or cinema. There is a superb number of shopping alternatives nearby. Stroll to cafes, bars and restaurants or put in some time at the gym. A number of schools are popular in the vicinity with a number of transport options. Sure to suit a range of situations, we can only guess who the fortunate new owners will be. This home presents the opportunity to live comfortably in style.
What makes this residence special?
• Architectural features: portico entry, triple paned box windows to front, high ceilings & coffered ceiling to family room, French doors, high-end low maintenance laminate flooring & quality neutral carpet
• Kitchen by Farquhar: Large walk-in/work-in pantry, Caesarstone bench tops, central bench & breakfast bar, numerous concealed cupboards Miele: 900mm oven, 900mm induction cooktop, combi microwave/convection oven, steam oven, exhaust, dishwasher. Double sink with mixer tap with light & retractable spray, water filter
• Master suite: box window, French doors. WIR with hanging & drawers & two-way access. Bathroom-size ensuite with marble bench tops & porcelain tiles
• Family bathroom with marble bench tops & porcelain tiles. Powder room & guest vanity with separate toilet
• Quality fixtures & fittings throughout
• Extensive storage: built-ins to each bedroom, built-ins to hallways & laundry, cabinet and console to family,
• Integrated entertainment system: tv, pull-down screen, projector
• Gas plumbed to outdoor entertaining
• RC ducted air conditioning, 3x gas fires
• Remote controlled auto gates, monitored security system
• Landscaping by Tony Stanton ‘Living Pictures’: extensive paving, walls, raised beds, trellised citrus, auto watering system
• Crim Safe security screens to doors
• Solar array
• Rainwater storage
• Rinnai Instant gas hot water
• Side-by-side garaging with internal & rear access, remote controlled doors
• Garden shed
• Walking distance to Unley High & Mitcham Girls & transport. Short distance to Scotch, Concordia & Walford. Close vicinity to choice of shops, library, parks, gym, cinema, restaurants & cafes
For more information, ToopCreate Kitchen Design, ToopFurnish and 360 degree panoramic views of the home, please visit www.1bernard.toop.com.au