Toop&Toop and Your Privacy
Your Privacy is Important to Us
At Toop&Toop, we value the privacy of your personal information.
Our procedures regarding personal information (hereafter referred to as information or details) ensure that your privacy rights are protected. Our privacy commitment to you is to be open about our handling any information. We will:
* inform you when collecting any personal details and advise what we will use that information for and to whom we may disclose it
* give you access to any information that we hold about you when you ask for it.
Toop&Toop is committed to excellence in real estate services. We provide assistance over all services relating to property. More specifically, our core specialised activities include:
* residential property sales
* residential property management services
* appraisal of residential property
* auctioneering services
* relocation services
* financial services (Funding Options Pty Ltd).
Toop&Toop is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Collecting Your Personal Information
Toop&Toop collects standard type personal (and occasionally some sensitive) information in the course of providing its real estate services. Only information that is necessary for our business purposes is collected.
With sale and purchase transactions, and our appraisal and financing services, these details are typically:
* vendor - name, contact details, property details
* purchaser - name, contact details, property details, financial information.
Your Information is collected when (as a vendor) we appraise, value or list your property for sale with us or register you for our VirtualAgent service, when (as a buyer) you use our website, register for our VirtualAgent services, give your details to one of our sales agents or make enquiries about properties, or when (as a landlord) you register your property for our property management services, and (as a tenant) you complete an application for a tenancy, and during the course of the tenancy (eg, a periodic inspection). Information may also be collected during telephone or e-mail contact with Toop&Toop.
The Land and Business (Sale and Conveyancing) Act 1994 (SA), Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA) and Land Agents Act 1994 (SA) requires Toop&Toop to collect (and in some cases retain) certain information about property related transactions in South Australia.
It is important we collect the information we need about you. If we are unable to do so, we may not be able to provide our real estate services to you.
Toop&Toop does not actively collect sensitive information about individuals, but we may sometimes hold sensitive information about job applicants. Sometimes we may also hold sensitive information about prospective or current tenants, for use in considering a tenancy application or managing a tenancy, to the extent that it is lawful for us to do so. Sensitive information will not be disclosed without consent (unless the law requires us to do so).
Toop&Toop also collects personal information about individuals who:
* apply to a Toop&Toop company for employment; or
* supply, or are associated with the supply of, goods and services to Toop&Toop.
Registered buyers provide Toop&Toop very basic details of a personal nature yet receive a high level of support in their purchase endeavours. No support services can be received without either a mobile phone or email contact. Registered buyers are encouraged to manage their own information at www.toop.com.au.
All registered buyer services are free to the buyer. We urge buyers to deregister immediately once these services are no longer required.
SecureInspections differ from Open Inspections. SecureInspections require parties to be identified prior to gaining internal access to a seller's property. This is a basic right of any property owner. Simple registration forms are available on site. Part A of the form includes:
ii. Contact details; and
iii. Reason for viewing
Part A of this form does not constitute a buyer registration and you will therefore be required to register at each SecureInspection.
Other identification can be required of you. Access can be denied. Parties completing Part A only of the form will not be followed up. Your details are archived only in the relevant property file however you must be aware that, if requested, the home owner of that property has access to your name.
Property Management Services
For tenancy and property management dealings, these details are typically:
* landlord/lessor - name, contact details, bank account details, property details;
* tenant/lessee - name, contact details, referees, previous tenancies, identification details, occupation, employer;
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which we collect it, or for related and reasonably expected secondary purposes, or where you have consented. Your personal information will be used by Toop&Toop for the primary purpose of providing our real estate services to you. In the majority of cases, personal information is collected and used by Toop Real Estate Group Pty Ltd, Funding Options Pty Ltd and Virtual Agent Pty Ltd. Use and disclosures may include:
* identifying and marketing to potential property buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants;
* acting as your agent for the sale, purchase or lease of property
* assessing suitability of prospective tenants for our landlord clients, and managing tenancies
* providing professional auctioneering services
* operating the Toop & Toop website at www.toop.com.au
* to contact you to enquire in reference to any financial or insurance service needs you may have
* providing your information to contractors and service providers that provide services to us
* providing you with information from time to time about Toop & Toop's services or real estate issues (including new property listings) in which we consider you would be interested (although you may advise us in writing, email or SMS that you do not wish to receive this information).
We may disclose your information from time to time:
* to other agents outside Toop&Toop
* to introduce buyers to sellers or landlords to tenants
* a bank, financial or insurance institution where this additional service is requested following the initial contact
* to provide you assistance with financing, mortgage or insurance issues in connection with your real estate dealings.
We will seek your consent before disclosing information in this way. Toop&Toop does not sell your information to any other party, nor do we purchase lists of information from any source.
Storage & Security
Toop is a market leader in security and protection of your information.
At Toop&Toop, paper files are becoming a thing of the past. We now use technology (such as iPhones, iPads etc) for sales staff to electronically store client and other details. Our system is security coded and programmed to delete all information in the (unlikely) event of loss or mis-use. Other electronic records are stored within Toop&Toop's secure, restricted access computer system, which is constantly upgraded with the latest industry-standard security protection measures. We are not a 'paperless office' ... yet, but all paper based records are stored in secure systems.
Our staff are aware of their privacy obligations to you and they comply with clear privacy guidelines when dealing with your personal information. We train all staff about the need to protect your privacy rights, and any improper dealings with your personal information will be seen as a serious matter.
Is Your Personal Information Accurate?
At Toop, we strive to ensure that your information held in our systems is always accurate, complete and up-to-date. In most cases we collect information directly from the individual, but on occasions information may be collected or received from another source. Where practicable, we will advise you if and when we have collected information about you from another source.
When we become aware that information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date we will correct it or, if necessary, delete it.
You may seek access to the personal information we hold about you. Details of how to make a request for access are set out below. We may charge a small fee to cover the costs we incur responding to your request, such as photocopying or facsimile charges. In some circumstances we may deny a request for access, including where:
* granting access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others
* the request is frivolous or vexatious (in our opinion)
* the law permits us to do so
* granting access would prejudicially affect our negotiations with you.
The Privacy Officer
23 The Parade
NORWOOD SA 5067
Facsimile: (08) 8362 8898
We welcome your privacy enquiries and comments.
Changes to this Policy
Toop&Toop. Where we are committed to your privacy protection.Company Disclaimer
You must not rely on information on this website. Always seek independant advice.
Statements relating to encumbrances and other matters affecting properties may be inspected at our office three busines days prior to auction and at a place of auction 30 minutes before the same commences.